The Convent opened in 1966 and the school was registered in 1967. At first it consisted of a Primary School and a High School with boarders. 
From 1950 the Dominican Sisters ran St. Margaret’s Convent School in the town of Rustenburg, a mining town in what was then the Transvaal, now North West Province. In 1961 they withdrew and were replaced by the Sisters of St. Paul. The numbers grew and so the school relocated to a new site just outside the town, near the new Catholic Church and the Redemptorist Monastery. 
In 1983 it became a Primary Day school and began to grow as a multi-ethnic school before South Africa abolished the separate homelands and the apartheid policy. The school was named Selly Park Convent, after the Mother House of the Sisters of St. Paul in Birmingham, England 
Convent in Rustenburg
Class in Rustenburg
ariel view of Rustenburg
It is now an English Medium primary Day School catering for children from reception to Grade 7. 
In 2006 the Sisters of St. Paul appointed the school;s first lay Principal. 
New Adnin block

Administration Block and Remembrance Garden 

IT Suite
The new IT Suite 
Infant Play area
Infant Play Area 
Tennis Courts
Tennis Courts. 
Rreception Area
Reception area. 
In 1997, in response to the requests of parents, the Congregation built a new Secondary School – Selly Park Secondary School, which caters for Grades 8 to 12. A lay Principal was appointed in January 2010. The two schools work closely together.