St. Joseph's Convent Kilmallock
The Convent Kilmallock
The Sisters are also very involved in the prayer and liturgy of the parish eucharistic ministers, choir and eucharistic adoration. 
Garden in Kilmallock
As well as being involved in education the Sisters have always been involved in visiting and supporting families. They have helped the sick and comforted the bereaved. There are two Nursing Homes situated in Kilmallock so now they visit there. Today one of the Sisters is involved in the alchohol and drug recovery unit based in Cuan Mhuire, Bruree. 
The Sisters are also very involved in the prayer and liturgy of the parish eucharistic ministers, choir and eucharistic adoration. 
As Sisters we always consider living religious life very important. We consider it is a blessing to have religious sisters living in any parish. We place great emphasis on our prayer life and community living. 
There has always been a great welcome given to all the Sisters of St. Paul in Kilmallock. The people have worked with and supported the Sisters down through the years. We have been privileged that a number of our Sisters have come from the Kilmallock area so we are truly grateful to them and we pray that there will be others who will follow this particular vocation in being people of faith, hope and love offering the good news to this present generation. 
The Sisters of Charity of St. Paul came to Kilmallock in 1927- through the good offices of Canon, (later Archdeacon) Begley, historian of the Limerick diocese. They took up residence in Sarsfield Street and carried on a private primary and secondary school for girls. 
At the same time, Sister Dympna, a native of Ardpatrick, took up the principalship of SS Peter and Paul's girls' primary school in Wolfe Tone Street. At this period, and ever since 1864, the boys and girls were housed in the same building, the boys occupying the ground floor and the girls on the upstairs floor. 
A new primary school for the girls of the parish was built in 1929, under the guidance of Canon Begley. It was named Scoil Ui Eilí agus Ui Ruairc. 
The new convent was completed and occupied by the Sisters in 1933, and their secondary school for girls was opened the following year. Two Sisters, Sister Ethelburga and Sister Patrique MacCarthy, the latter a native of Kilmallock staffed it. 
A very fine new Vocational School was opened in Kilmallock in September 1964. 
In 1966 a new primary school for boys, SS. Peter and Paul, was opened. 
Down through the years the Sisters have continued to provide education facilities for the young people of Kilmallock. In the 1970’s the Sisters responded to the need to accept boys into the school and so the secondary school became a co-ed school. 
As the number of Sisters declined there was a need for more classroom space in the school and so in 1990 the sisters moved to a bungalow just outside the town and the convent was completely used to accommodate the secondary school.In1998 both second level schools in the town amalgamated and thus Coláiste Iosaef came into being under the Vocational Educational Committee with three representatives from the Congregation on the Board of Management. 
In 2004 both the girls' and boys' schools amalgamated and formed Scoil Mocheallóg. The school is presently operating on a split site while awaiting a new primary school to be built. 
Kilmallock Church
The Abbey
Ruins of the Dominican Abbey, Kilmallock  
Chapel in Kilmallock
back garden Kilmallock