St. John's Priory which was home to the Sisters for over 150 years.
Banbury is a town in north Oxfordshire which has grown from a small market town to something much bigger today with a population of around 40,000 inhabitants.
It consists of two parishes; St John the Evangelist and St Joseph's. It has three schools, two Primary and a High School. It has a General Hospital which serves a wide area. Over the years we have seen Banbury become much more multi cultural adding a great richness especially to our church congregations.
The Sisters of St Paul have served here since they were founded by Genevieve Dupuis in 1847. Over the years the main ministry of the Sisters was in education in the Primary sector. In the last ten years this has changed due to lack of personnel. The work being carried out now is mainly Parish ministry - meeting the needs of people as far as possible.