PILGRIMAGE TO BANBURY
On Saturday 30th May many Sisters gathered in Banbury. This event was to mark the celebration of the Year of Consecrated Life.
Banbury is regarded as the "cradle" of the Congregation. Our Mission began here in 1847.
The day began with coffee in the Dupuis Centre followed by Mass in St. John's Church.
A lovely buffet lunch was provided after Mass which we all enjoyed.
After lunch the Sisters gathered outside the presbytery - this was the first house where Genevieve Dupuis (our Foundress) lived with a small community.
In the Presbytery Garden
The Presbytery St. John's Priory
Sisters Of Charity of St. Paul
The Priory School
A most enjoyable day was
had by all.
In the afternoon we were invited to The Priory School where many Sisters had taught over the years. A group of children shared their musical talent with us and also gave us guided tours
of the school.